Hydra HDRi Pro Manual
- created: 12/08/2013
- by: Jon Hull
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hydra HDRI Pro is compatible with the following versions of Photoshop.
Windows 32 + 64 bit CS4, CS5, CS6, CC
Mac 32 + 64 bit CS5, CS6, CC
To Install on Windows double click on Install Hydra HDRi Pro.exe and follow the on screen instructions
For Mac doubleclick on Hydra HDRi Pro.dmg and follow the on screen instructions
The installer will search for a copy of photoshop, if it finds a different version that the one you want to install into then click no and then manually find the version you want to install it into. You should select the Plugins folder inside of where your Photoshop is installed.
After installation you can find the plugin under File>scripts>Hydra HDRi Pro
When you launch the plugin for the first time it will start the registration process. Follow the on screen instructions to register your product.
Using the Plugin
Important: Before using the plugin it is important to note, the image you will be converting into an HDRI needs to be in a new directory without any other converted HDRI. This plugin creates a file called Untitled_HDR2.hdr and if you convert more than one HDR with this plugin into the same directory it will overwrite the previous HDRI. It is best if you rename any HDRI to a different name and save it to make sure this never happens.
1. Before using the plugin clean up your image in Photoshop, adjust the levels, contrast, remove any objects or dirt. This is a major benefit over traditional 32bit HDRI images, since you are starting with an 8bit image you can still use all PS tools. Once you are ready, save your image and then select File>Scripts>Hydra HDRi Pro.
2. Once the Hydra HDRi Pro logo pops up, click convert. Now just sit back and let it do its thing, everything is automatic. It converts an 8bit image into a 32bit HDRI.
3. Once its finished processing it will let you the know conversion is complete. The time it takes to finish the conversion depends on the size of the original image and the speed and ram of your computer.
4. Your new HDRI is ready to use in any 3D rendering program. We recommend saving the file under a new name at this stage to avoid the possibility of accidentally overwriting the HDRI with your next conversion.
5.. We reccommend using Occipitals Panorama 360 app on the iPhone or Android. With this plugin you now have the ability to capture as many HDRI as you want along with Backplates that match all with your SmartPhone.
For any problems or questions with the plugin or installation please email Hydra101 at email@example.com
Thank you for purchasing this plugin.